Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I am guilty!

As anyone who knows me would have to testify, I am guilty of contempt of Congress. In fact, I have no defense at all, and am fully aware that if charged, I would have to admit to the allegation.
But my contempt doesn't stop there. Remember during the judicial nominations that the Democrats when they were in the minority would threaten to filibuster? At that time, it was considered by the MSM to be responsibly acting on the behalf of the minority party. Now, we get this. The media are stating that the Republican minority is blocking debate, when the reality is that the Democrats want to end the debate. What a crazy world we live in.
Kind of reminds me of the sage words I read before:
"When I use a word, Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean--neither more nor less.'
The question is, said Alice, whether you CAN make words mean so many different things. . . .
When I make a word do a lot of work like that, said Humpty Dumpty, I always pay it extra. . . .


Maybe it is time to not make words work so hard.

No comments: