Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Union Benefits

I am not opposed to paying more for all that I get, but what I don't want to be is a sucker, and Obama and the Democrats seem to believe that those of us who served our country faithfully for twenty years or more are suckers.  The latest proposal calls for the military to cut funding for TriCare which is the system of insurance used by both active duty and retired military as part of the promised benefit of free medical care.  While I could agree to means testing as a way to ease the financial burden, I am stark raving pissed off that Obama wants to raise my rates, but not the unionized civilian who was never shot at
It's obvious that the reason he is doing this is to curry favor with his constituency (unions) at the expense of those who do not care for him (active duty and retired military).  Just like the Chrysler bailout that passed over the bond holders in favor of the unions, in spite of the law, Obama seeks to reward his friends and punish his enemies. 
I wrote about this to Sen. Baucus and still haven't heard back from him on it, but let me tell you, if this thing goes through, there won't be one Democrat left in office for the next ten years.  Once again, betrayed by our supposed Commander in Chief.

No comments: