Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Death penalty hype

I am amazed at the hype that Tookie got before he was executed, versus Mr. Maye. I do not relish the execution of Tookie Williams, just as I think that no one should enjoy the death of another human being.
But why is there not a greater outcry over this type of case versus a cold blooded killer? If I was on the jury, I would never have convicted. The right to self defense can never be denied. Here we have an actual case of racial prejudice and prosecutorial over kill. I only wish that this man recieved even half of what Tookie got for attention.
The fact that Tookie was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and all of the Hollywood superstars that came to his defense, versus this man, shows how little value we should place in either of these group's opinions.
Update More here.

No comments: