Friday, April 08, 2011

What Was The Point?

When Obama first decided to enter the Libyan civil war on the behalf of the rebels, I wrote that I supported him, just as I would have hoped that the Left would have supported any president who sends American forces into harms way. But now that American forces have been withdrawn, I have to ask, "What the hell was he thinking?"
Bombing another country, then walking away saying "Never mind" is not a usually successful foreign policy. Especially when that country has been know in the past to use terror agents to kill Americans. I have a feeling that this act of humanitarianism is going to come back and haunt us in the not too far future.

Obama and the Libyan rebels remind me of the Murphy's Law that "Professional soldiers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs."

No comments: