Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cracks in Groupthink

An amusing aspect of my friends who are Democrats, is that they first assume everyone is a Democrat and if you are not a Democrat, you can only be a Republican. My wife, the "Good Democrat" still doesn't really know what to think, but she puts up with me, at least until she says something overtly political and I challenge her. If that happens, she usually just tells me that she is right because her friends tell her what to think, and she knows they are right.
It's nice to know that I am not alone. The so called "tolerant" are among the first to condemn without thinking. The "open minded" blinded to anything other than their preconceived notions.
Overall, I am glad not to be a part of them.

1 comment:

Dapandico said...

Are confusing her with facts?