Thursday, September 23, 2010

Division of Labor - Stupid People Over There =>

You have to marvel at people who say this:
I have been fascinated by Christine O'Donnell's constitutional worldview since her debate with her opponent Chris Coons last week. O'Donnell explained that "when I go to Washington, D.C., the litmus test by which I cast my vote for every piece of legislation that comes across my desk will be whether or not it is constitutional." How weird is that, I thought. Isn't it a court's job to determine whether or not something is, in fact, constitutional? And isn't that sort of provided for in, well, the Constitution?
So, let's go ahead and pass a law that says that women can't have the vote. We can wait the four to six years that it takes to get to the Supreme Court before they get their vote back.

I'm sure that those who will be affected will be understanding about waiting for a decision on the question of "Constitutionality."

No comments: