Monday, September 12, 2005

9-11, Freedom and RVs

As my son and I were returning from Eugene on Sunday, we were listening to the radio, in order to help dispel the miasma of Eastern Oregon and Central Washington. About the time that the attacks on the Trade Towers happened four years ago, a commercial came on that talked about remmebering that tragic day, and the importance of our freedom. Then the speaker went on to say that the best way to have freedom is with a new RV from somebody or another.
My son and I looked at each other in absolute shock. Then he said, that the obvious reason that we were attacked on 9-11 was because we have RVs!.
Tasteless, absolutely, but you have got to admire the chutzpa of the American marketers who can use 9-11 to sell RVs. Or, you can be disgusted. I suppose that I was a little of both.

No comments: