Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Katrina, Truth and possible racism on my part.

I will admit that when I first heard the stories, or read them on line about rapes, murder and mayhem that was going on in New Orleans post Katrina, I did accept them unquestionably. In fact, I remember thinking at the time that there seems to be a very thin veneer of civilization for people when the situation becomes deperate.
Apparently, the news was too busy reporting rumors and innuendo to be bothered with actually doing any investigation. I am ashamed to admit that I thought that it was possible that what was reported was going on. I am even more ashamed to admit that once again I was taken in by the mass media. Fool me once...

Update As shown here, most everything that I heard about the terrible conditions has proven false. Now, where did I get my information? Did I get it from rumor mongers on the streets? Nope. How about e-mails from friends who were there? Nope. Got it all from the Main Stream Media. Boy do I feel dumb. What else have they gotten completely wrong? Oh yeah, Iraq.

No comments: