Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bush's vacation

Last night on the Late Show with David Letterman, Dave was joking about Bush's vacation again. I just don't understand what the fascination is with Bush taking a vacation.
Now, when I go on vacation, I leave the cell phone behind, don't get any email, and certainly don't get my mail. If someone has to get ahold of me, it is for a really big reason.
However, when Bush goes on vacation, does he really get away from anything? Anywhere any President goes, he is in constant communication with everyone. I used to have a youg commo soldier who was selected to work the White House Communications team. I saw him after, and he told me that they spend so much time on the road, that they only select single soldiers, the stress being too much for the married ones. They go to an area 4 weeks in advance to do a site survey, then set up comms that are redundant to the nth degree.
So, I guess my question is, "Are Presidential vacations really vacations, or is this just another cheap shot?"

1 comment:

The Viceroy's Fuguestate said...

Only BushHitler takes vacations. Bill Clinton never rested, so driven was he to serve his fellow man. His nose was always buried in the grindstone (for starters anyway).